G-TAC’s 13th National Virtual Career Expo (#VCE13) is open for registration! This exciting event is taking place from April 4th to April 5th, 2023. Whether are you are recent graduate or a seasoned professional, participating in our online job fair is a great way to jumpstart your job search and stand out from the competition. You will be able to:
- Learn about current job openings and the qualifications required
- Submit your resume and application directly to the employer
- Network and connect with professionals in your field
- Get your questions answered in real-time during virtual Q&A sessions
Here are some tips to help you prepare for an online job fair:
- Research the companies that are participating: Before the fair, research the companies that are participating to find out more about them and their current job openings. This will help you determine which companies you are most interested in and what you would like to learn from them during the fair.
- Update your resume and cover letter: Make sure your resume and cover letter are up-to-date and reflect your most recent work experience, education, and skills. Consider customizing your resume and cover letter for each company you are interested in.
- Create a professional online profile: Consider creating a professional online profile, such as a LinkedIn profile, to showcase your skills, work experience, and education. This can help you stand out to recruiters and make it easier for them to find you.
- Prepare a list of questions: Prepare a list of questions to ask the recruiters during the fair. This can include questions about the company culture, current job openings, and what they are looking for in a candidate.
- Dress appropriately: Although the job fair is online, it’s still important to dress appropriately. Consider wearing business casual or business attire, depending on the type of company and position you are interested in.
- Test your technology: Before the fair, make sure your computer and internet connection are working properly and that you have a reliable webcam and microphone. Consider testing your equipment and technology in advance to avoid any technical difficulties during the fair.
- Be prepared to take notes: During the fair, take notes on the companies you are interested in and the information they provide. This will help you remember what you learned and will be useful when you follow up with the recruiters after the fair.
By following these tips, you will be well-prepared for an online job fair and ready to make a great impression on recruiters. Good luck!
Don’t miss the #VCE13 to take the next step in your career! Register today and get ready to land your dream job at our online job fair. We look forward to seeing you there! Register now!